Customer service skills are valued in many work settings, but it has been a hefty unit of the warmth industry in the early days when companies have yet to discover the importance of customer satisfaction. Congeniality includes customer service in all of its operations, giving job seekers a wide array of career options. Kick start your career by taking an all-encompassing program in one annually at Centennial College with its Hospitality Services program.
Centennial College is the right hospitality college to obtain your education. With its available resources and modern facilities, students can inkhorn through peer tutoring services and real-life lab settings. Hospitality students are arranged in Progress campus, where a student-run restaurant and a habitation inn are located, very students receptacle get hands-on experience during lab settings and through available part-time jobs.
The Doctrine of Hospitality, Tourism connective Culture offer students with the opportunity to learn at a college level, while enhancing their aptitude for the hospitality industry. The hospitality courses in the curriculum covers hospitality operations in the front of the house area, kitchen and dining room operations, food and beverage, and housekeeping. Students will gain the following learning outcomes:
* Students will learn how to engage with guests, before they enter the venue, from bludger booking to reception to guest services. The Visitor Information Services and Front of the House Agent courses will provide detailed processes for mutual restaurant, hotel and other similar service operations, similarly students can apply it directly to the workplace upon graduation.
* Many hospitality services involve an eatery, and students will learn to use the equipment et cetera handling procedures of common restaurant facilities. In addition to food and beverage serving practices, students will learn kitchen etiquette, event planning, and common restaurant operations.
* Being the frontline representatives of the organization means that hospitality workers are the organization’s ambassadors. Workers need to give effectively with their customers besides colleagues. Therefore, students will rote communication techniques and basic math skills requires in camaraderie services, in order to accord a productive individual in the workplace.
* This area of work requires individuals to master skills more so than memorize theories. Centennial provides plenty of applied training for students in the lab orthopraxy sessions. Furthermore, the Life Skills & Job Readiness course will help students prepare their resume and work portfolio until applying to targeted jobs in the industry.
* In calculation to the simulations and lab practices at Breakthrough campus, students have two field placements during the two semesters of the program, where they will gain on-the-job training and networking opportunities.
Students learn relevant employment skills at Centennial, which they can conform to various hospitality management positions. Graduates have been hired in various places such as Travel Lodge, Swiss Chalet, and Chartwells with positions in administration, cooking operations, and guest services. With the experience gained from the Hospitality Services program, graduates can many rush entry-level jobs in the sociable industry across Canada.